It's gym day again today. I shouldn't make it sound so dreaded. Let's do it again. It's gym day today! Went with a sore biceps which made things quite tough for today. However, I am glad that I pushed through. I spent 2 good hours in the gym. I guess in order to finish the routine planned for the day, it will take me 2 hours or so. I also noticed that my sore are getting better after a good long hours of sleep. But still I need to fight the sore and continue my workout for today. It was rather difficult as the muscle group I trained today are very near to the Monday's muscle group.
Again I started off by training my ab. As I didn't feel much in my ab from my last training, I tried to train more properly this time. For example when using the ab crunch machine, I tried to sit more straight up and I found out that the seat was way too low for me when i crunch and it hurts my back. I sort of have to adjust my body and finally I am able to feel that my ab is being worked. I also added in some crunches to my workout.
I regret that I was unable to train more for my chest. I was supposed to do the Incline Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Flyes and Flat Dumbbell Bench Press. But somehow due to unforeseen circumstances, afterall it's a school gym, I was unable to do so. More so my biceps really hurt too much to do any bench press exercise. I tried the butterfly machine, I wasn't even able to move it at all even at the lowest resistence level.
I also tried to use the tricpes extension machine, however I was unable to stay on as it really hurt too much, I can't even push my shoulder up straight. My biceps again. I think I really do have a weak biceps and triceps.
So here's my workout log for today
Abs
- Ab Crunch Machine
25 x 20lbs
25 x 30lbs
50 x 40lbs
50 x 50lbs
25 x 60lbs
- Rotary Torso for each oblique muscle
12 x 25lbs
12 x 40lbs
- Dumbbell Side Bend for each side
20 x 5lbs
20 x 8lbs
20 x 10lbs
20 x 12lbs
- Janda Sit-Up
5 x 10 reps
- Stomach Vacuum
20 seconds x 3 sets
Chests
- Machine Bench Press
12 x 25lbs
12 x 40lbs
12 x 55lbs
Shoulders
- Front Two-Dumbbell Raise
12 x 3lbs
12 x 5lbs
12 x 8lbs
- Two-Arm Side Lateral Raise
12 x 3lbs
12 x 5lbs
5 x 8 lbs
- Seated Bent Over Rear Delt Raise
12 x 3lbs
12 x 5lbs
5 x 8lbs
- Shoulder Press Machine
12 x 20lbs
8 x 30 lbs
Triceps
- Seated Bent-Over Two-Arm Dumbbell Triceps Extension
12 x 5lbs
12 x 8lbs
- Dips - Triceps Version
12 x 100lbs
12 x 85lbs
12 x 70lbs
- Tricep extension machine
12 x 20lbs
5 x 40lbs
I still feel sore in my muscle plus some super ache in my joints especially the joint at the arm. I try to stretch now and then to lessen the pain. I am currently 115lbs (52kg in metric). I will try to figure out my bodyfat percentage as soon as I find my measuring tape.
I am also starting to clean up my diet. As my biological clock is still screwed thanks to the fridge last night, I wasn't able to keep up with the 6 meals per day plan. However, I will try it tomorrow. I need to wake up early instead of waking up in the late afternoon. This is bad. I need to fix this. Anyway, I will try to decipher labels from now on and figure out what am i eating. It must be clean food.
Diet for today is
Dinner
1 can of 130g Tuna in mineral water drained.
1 apple
Supper
1 spoonful of Cottage Cheese ( Never try any cottage cheese before, I hope it's not too bad)
Need to get ample rest and be ready for tomorrow's cardio. There should be no reason to skip that tomorrow. I need to observe Vegetarian tomorrow as it's Buddha's Birthday. Perhaps tomorrow is "Eat My Vege" day for me. ;)
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Fighting the Sore
Labels:
abdominal,
chest,
clean food,
diet,
low fat,
shoulders,
triceps,
workout,
workout log
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment